Shenandoah County Library in Edinburg will have craft supplies on hand today through Saturday for children to make a card for their mother, grandmother or any other special woman in their life for Mother's Day.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will hold the following programs:
• Wednesday: 10 a.m., crochet group meeting.
• Saturday: 11 a.m., Three Sisters Planting: A Children's Garden program for ages 6 and up. Children will plant, have take-home plants and make cornbread and popcorn. Registration required. 2 p.m., Dungeons and Dragons Group B for teens 13 and older; registration required.
• May 14: 4:30 p.m., Science Scouts for ages 6-11, explore the layers of the earth.
Information: 540-635-3153 or www.samuelslibrary.net.
Columbia Furnace United Methodist Church in Columbia Furnace/Edinburg will hold an indoor yard sale from 7 a.m. to noon Saturday. Proceeds benefit church outreach ministries.
• St. John's United Church of Christ in Edinburg will hold an all-you-can-eat breakfast from 7-10 a.m. Saturday. A free-will offering will be accepted to benefit a local family in need.
• Riverton United Methodist Church will hold a pancake breakfast from 7-10 a.m. Saturday. A good-will offering will be accepted.
• The Shenandoah County 4-H Exchange Club will sell Crabill's sausage and egg sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the County Park in Maurertown. Proceeds benefit the club's trip to Missouri in June.
The Browntown chapter of the Izaak Walton League will hold a bake sale starting at 8 a.m. Saturday at Rural King in Front Royal. Proceeds benefit area high school scholarships.
The Narrow Passage chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution will meet at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Emmanuel Episcopal Church Parish Hall in Woodstock. The guest speaker will be Shenandoah County Archivist Zachary Hottel, who will present a program on the history of county schools. Information: 540-856-3426.
The Fort Valley Fire Department will host bingo at 6 p.m. Saturday. Food will be ready for purchase starting at 5:30 p.m. Information: www.fortvalleyfiredepartment.com.
The Basye-Orkney Springs Community Library will present a Mother's Day program at 6 p.m. Saturday featuring stories and snacks. Each child will take home a gift for mom.
The Rotary Club of Warren County is sponsoring a free community shred from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Front Royal Volunteer Fire Department on North Commerce Avenue. There will be a two-box limit.
The SPCA of Winchester, Frederick and Clarke Counties is hosting a Mother's Day Michael Kors and More raffle. The drawing will be held on Sunday.
Prizes include a Michael Kors leather handbag, flowers from Bluebells, dinner at The Butcher Station, tickets to Shenandoah Summer Music Theatre and more.
Only 100 tickets will be sold. Chances are $20. Tickets are available at the SPCA Adoption Center 111 Featherbed Lane, Winchester. Information: 540-662-8616.
May 23 is the deadline to reserve a seat to attend the Front Royal-Warren County Chamber of Commerce annual dinner and awards program at 6 p.m. June 6 at the Shenandoah Valley Golf Club.
Awards presented include business, citizen, education contributor, entrepreneur, nonprofit and public safety contributor of the year. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kelsie Utz, of Winchester, earned a bachelor's degree in social work during commencement ceremonies May 4 at Cedarville (Ohio) University.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms