American Legion Hassler-Sutphin Post 166 in New Market will host a shrimp dinner from 5-8 p.m. Friday at the post home, 202 Old Cross Road. Dinners, which include sides, dessert and drink, are $14.
Animal rabies vaccinations will be available from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Frederick County Esther Boyd Animal Shelter, 161 Collier Road, Winchester. The fee is $13.
Pork barbecue will be sold starting at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Cook's Country Store/Exxon Travel Center in Woodstock. Sales benefit a Strasburg resident with medical expenses. The cost is $12 per pound. Information: 540-335-4500.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following meetings will be held:
• Counselor training for Culpeper Shenandoah Rappahannock Spotsylvania 4-H Camp will be held 6 p.m. Monday at the Extension office.
• Lebanon Church 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at the community center.
• 4-H/FFA Livestock Show & Sale Executive Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Extension office.
• Shenandoah County Extension Leadership Council will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Extension office.
A free workshop on how to identify the invasive pest, the spotted lanternfly, and its favorite host tree, tree of heaven, will be held from 7-8:30 p.m. Monday at MidAtlantic Farm Credit, 125 Prosperity Drive, Suite 100, Kernstown.
The workshop is presented by Sustainability Matters, Virginia Cooperative Extension, Virginia Department of Forestry and the City of Winchester.
Orientation for prospective volunteers will be held beforehand. Registration required at https://tinyurl.com/y4hprp9u.
The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley is hosting a fundraising campaign celebrating the Steinlen cat exhibit, on display through Sept. 1.
For a donation, a photo of your favorite feline will be displayed on the video screen in the museum lobby.
Donations can be made online at https://tinyurl.com/yyxn6lyl. On the dedication line at the bottom of the form, put the word “cat” along with your cat's name. The museum will call to get a photo. Information: 540-622-1473.
Shenandoah County Public Schools is participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Free meals will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis to children from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday June 3-27 at the following schools:
• W.W. Robinson: 1231 Susan Ave., Woodstock.
• Ashby Lee: 480 Stonewall Lane, Quicksburg.
• Sandy Hook: 162 Stickley Loop, Strasburg.
The following local students earned bachelor's degrees May 4 from Bridgewater College:
• Edinburg: Kaitlyn E. Wakeman, family and consumer sciences major.
• Front Royal: Lucas C. Cline, sociology major; Jeremy R. Gingrich, physics and mathematics major, with honors.
• Linden: Megan O. Henry, business administration and economics major, with honors.
• Stephens City: Sarah N. Lutz, family and consumer sciences major.
• Strasburg: Alexis C. Mathias, family and consumer sciences major.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms