Dinner Strasburg Women of the Moose will host a spaghetti dinner from 5-7 p.m. Monday to benefit St. Jude’s. Free-will offering.
Samuels Library in Front Royal will host an evening of classical ballet with the Northern Virginia Academy of Ballet performing stories of childhood songs at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. There will be an opportunity for everyone to participate in telling a story with music. Registration: 540-635-3153 or www.samuelslibrary.net.
• The Compassion Cupboard will distribute food from 9 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m. Tuesday at 533 Burgess St., Strasburg. Information: 540-465-9476.
• The Bread of Life Food Pantry will distribute food from 1-4 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday at the Woodstock United Methodist Church. Information: 540-459-4144.
Handley Library in Winchester will hold the following activities:
• Monday: 4 p.m., MakerSpace Mondays for ages 6-11.
• Tuesday: 10:30 a.m., Community Connections social hour; 4 p.m., Xbox open game play for ages 12 and up.
• Thursday: 10:30 a.m., Toddler Time for ages 2-5 and their caregivers, registration required; 6 p.m., BreakerSpace for ages 6-11.
May 24: 4 p.m., Lego Club for ages up to 11.
May 25: 10:30 a.m., family playtime for ages up to 5; 11 a.m., Lego Club for ages up to 11; 2 p.m., Celebration in the Garden for ages up to 11, live music, face painting, yard games; 2 p.m., Paws for Reading with certified therapy dogs for ages up to 11.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will hold the following activities:
• Monday: 5 p.m., Lego Club for elementary and middle school students; 6 p.m., PJ Boogie for ages up to 11; 6 p.m., Manga Art for ages 12 and up, bring a sketch book, all skill levels.
• Tuesday: 6 p.m., teen volunteer orientation.
• Thursday: 6 p.m., Xbox open game play for ages 8 and up.
• May 24: 11 a.m., Build Together for all ages.
• May 25: 10 a.m., Chess Club for all ages and skill levels; 11 a.m., family story time for ages up to 5; 1 p.m., family film for ages up to 11, featuring “The Emperor’s New Groove,” bring a picnic lunch, lemonade and popcorn provided.
The Mount Jackson Garden Club will install new officers at its meeting at 1 p.m. Wednesday at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church. Information: Kitty Bolinger at 540-856-2272.
Shenandoah County Library in Edinburg will show the movie “Ralph Breaks the Internet” at 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Popcorn provided. Information: 540-984-8200.
The following volunteers are scheduled at the Strasburg Museum:
Sunday: morning, Sue Foster; afternoon, Pat Clem and Doris Baker.
Monday: morning, Jackie Richard; afternoon, Kath Stanley.
Tuesday: morning, Trina Bailey; afternoon, Terry Goad and Nookie Horan.
Wednesday: morning, Bryan Stonesifer; afternoon, June Hockman.
Thursday: morning, Bill Carper; afternoon, Ann McElya and Sarah Bagnell.
Friday: morning, Link and Suzie Powars and Tina Crabill; afternoon, Sherry Anderson.
Saturday: morning, Ellsworth and Rubye Stickley; afternoon, Donna Bollhoefer.
• Jason Holland, of Middletown, was named to the dean’s list for the spring term at Bob Jones University. He is a junior business administration major.
• Kaitlin Merriner, of Winchester, earned a bachelor’s degree in biology from Coastal Carolina University.
• Michael A. Cooper, of Quicksburg, earned a bachelor’s degree with honors in biology May 11 from Saint Vincent College.
• Logan H. Swogger, of Winchester, earned a bachelor’s degree in management May 11 from Saint Vincent College.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms