A card shower is planned for Clifton Wilson, who will celebrate his 90th birthday Wednesday. Cards may be sent to 1008 Seldon Drive, Strasburg, Virginia 22657.
Little Noon Music
The Friends of Handley Regional Library System has announced the return of its A Little Noon Music program series at the library.
The first performance will be held at 12:15 p.m. today featuring Harpist Allen Dec. Participants are encouraged to bring a bag lunch.
Future performances will be held Dec. 10 featuring Rich Follett, Jan. 14 featuring the Critton Hollow String Band and Feb. 11 featuring the Atlantic Reed Consort. Information: www.handleyregional.org.
Open house, dinner
Triplett Tech in Mount Jackson will host a spaghetti dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. and open house from 5 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
Dinners are $5, which includes spaghetti, salad, bread, dessert and drink. Masks required.
The Bread of Life Food Pantry will distribute food from 1 to 4 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday at the Woodstock United Methodist Church. Information: 540-459-4144.
The American Red Cross will hold several bloodmobiles as the blood shortage continues. At least 10,000 more donations are needed each week to meet patient needs, ahead of the upcoming holiday season, which always presents seasonal challenges to blood collection. Dates, times and locations are:
• Berryville: noon-5:30 p.m., Thursday at VFW, 425 S. Buckmarsh St.
• Boyce: 1-6 p.m., Nov. 30 at Boyce Volunteer Fire Dept., 7 S. Greenway Ave.
• Front Royal: 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Nov. 22 at Shenandoah Lodge & Athletic Club, 180 Bald Eagle Drive; 1:30-7 p.m., Nov. 22 at Front Royal Church of Christ, 140W. 15th St.; 1:30-6:30 p.m., Nov. 23 at Front Royal fire & Rescue, 221 N. Commerce Ave.
• Toms Brook: 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Nov. 24 at Toms Brook Volunteer Fire Department, Main Street.
• Winchester Blood Donation Center, 561 Fortress Drive: 1-7 p.m., Tuesday; noon-6 p.m., Thursday; 1-7 p.m., Nov. 23; 1-7 p.m., Nov. 30.
• Woodstock: 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Nov. 26 at Valley Health Fitness and Wellness, 1195 Hisey Ave.
There is no blood donation waiting period for those who have received a flu shot or a Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine or booster, so long as they are symptom-free. Donors can schedule an appointment by calling 800-733-2767 or visiting www.RedCrossBlood.org. Donors can save up to 15 minutes at the blood drive by completing a RapidPass, a health history questionnaire, online from a mobile app or at https://tinyurl.com/3mf6k4sm. As a thank you, donors who come between now and Nov. 23 will receive a $10 Amazon gift card and those that donate Nov. 24-28 will receive a pair of Red Cross socks, while supplies last.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms