The American Red Cross has entered its third week of emergency blood shortage. Donations are needed, especially Type O.
Blood drives will be held on the following schedule:
• Front Royal: 2-7 p.m., Oct. 20 at American Legion, 22 W. 8th St.; noon-5:30 p.m., Oct. 22 at Virginia Hills Church, 737 Rockland Road.
• Quicksburg: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Oct. 27 at Mountain View High School.
• Stephens City: 1:30-6 p.m., Oct. 22 at the Moose Lodge, 357 Fairfax Pike.
• Winchester: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday at The Village at Orchard Ridge, 400 National Lutheran Blvd.; noon-6 p.m., Monday at the Winchester Blood Donation Center, 561 Fortress Drive; 1-7 p.m., Tuesday at the Blood Donation Center; noon-6 p.m., Oct. 21 at the Blood Donation Center; 11 a.m.-6 p.m., Oct. 25 at George Washington Hotel, 103 E. Piccadilly St.; 1-7 p.m., Oct. 26 at the Blood Donation Center; noon-6 p.m., Oct. 28 at the Blood Donation Center.
• Woodstock: 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m., Oct. 28 at Anytime Fitness, 1025 S. Main St.
Donors in October will receive a link by email to claim a free Zaxby’s Signature Sandwich reward or get a $5 e-gift card to a merchant of their choice.
Appointments can be made by using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting www.RedCrossBlood.org or calling 800-733-2767.
Woodstock American Legion Muhlenburg Post 199 is sponsoring an essay contest for middle-school public and home-schooled students titled "I Like Living in America Because."
The deadline to submit is Oct. 29. Information: Eileen Drinkwater at email@example.com or by calling the post home at 540-459-2241.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms