American Legion Giles B. Cook Post 53 will hold a Blessing of the Badges program at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the post home, 22 W. 8th St., Luray. Representatives from Page County police departments, sheriff's offices, fire and rescue and EMS will be attending.
Handley Library in Winchester will host the following programs:
• Monday: 10 a.m., Wellness Day for adults, flu vaccines, program on Project Lifesaver, AIDS Response Effort screenings and consultations, Healthy Families of Northern Shenandoah Valley, Child Care Aware Virginia, Shenandoah Community Health and The Laurel Center.
• Oct. 22: 6 p.m., author series with Jeanne McCulloch, who will read from her memoir “All Happy Families.”
• Oct. 24: 4 p.m., Girls Who Code for ages 6 and older; 6:30 p.m., small space living series for adults on organization with Chuck Lehrer from Clutter Troopers.
• Oct. 28: 5:30 p.m., La Leche League meeting for expectant and breast-feeding mothers.
Manage your money
The Virginia Cooperative Extension will offer a series of Managing Your Money classes on the following dates, times and locations:
• Warren County Community Center: 6-8 p.m., Tuesdays, Oct. 29-Dec. 3, at 538 Villa Ave., Front Royal.
• NW Works: 6-8 p.m., Wednesdays, Oct. 30-Dec. 11, at 3085 Shawnee Drive, Winchester.
• Shenandoah County Government Center: 6-8 p.m., Wednesdays, Nov. 6-Dec. 11, at 600 N. Main St., Woodstock, Room 100-A.
The registration fee for the series is $17.50. Scholarships available. Information: 540-635-4549. Registration: https://tinyurl.com/MYMRegFall2019.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms