The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following meetings will be held:
• Lebanon Church 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at the community center.
• 4-H/FFA Livestock Show & Sale Executive Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Extension office.
• Cabin Hill 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Conicville Fire Hall.
Clarke County Library in Berryville will hold the following children’s activities:
• Tuesday: 3:30 p.m., Pet Rock Adoption for all ages. Choose, decorate, name and take home your very own Pet Rock.
• Thursday: 10:30 a.m., Preschool Time for ages to 5 and families; 3:45 p.m., Lego Club for ages to 11, design and construct a weekly challenge with Legos.
Stephens City Mayor Mike Diaz will help celebrate September is Library Card Sign-Up Month at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Bowman Library in Stephens City.
• The Bread of Life Food Pantry will distribute food from 1-4 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday at the Woodstock United Methodist Church. Information: 540-459-4144.
• The Compassion Cupboard will distribute food from 9 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m. Tuesday at 533 Burgess St., Strasburg. Information: 540-465-9476.
Samuels Library in Front Royal will host a homeschool fair at 6 p.m. Tuesday that will provide information about state homeschool laws, local homeschool groups and curriculum options. Information: 540-635-3153.
One Book One Community
One Book One Community will host a reading of “My Beloved World” by Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sontomayor at 7 p.m. Tuesday in The Commons at Virginia Avenue Charlotte DeHart Elementary School, 550 Virginia Ave., Winchester.
A talk Sotomayor gave at the Wortham Center in Houston in 2013 will be shown. A discussion will follow. Copies of her book will be available for purchase.
Those attending should enter through the door off the bus loop on Van Fossen Street. Information: David Gray at 540-868-7154 or email email@example.com.
The Laurel Center is seeking volunteers to assist in the mission to intervene in domestic and sexual violence instances in Winchester and the counties of Clarke, Frederick and Warren. The center will hold training sessions from 5:30-8:30 p.m. on Wednesday and Sept. 23, 25 and 30 and Oct. 2.
Information: 540-667-6160 or www.thelaurelcenter.org.
The following volunteers are scheduled at the Strasburg Museum:
Sunday: morning, Sue Foster; afternoon, Doris Baker and Rubye Stickley.
Monday: morning, Jackie Richard; afternoon, Carolyn McKiernan and Hannalore Rehbein.
Tuesday: morning, Trina Bailey; afternoon, Terry Goad and Nookie Horan.
Wednesday: morning, Jocelyn Vena; afternoon, Tom Knowles.
Thursday: morning, Bob and Ida Smith; afternoon, Randy Painter.
Friday: morning, Danny and Shirley Wymer; afternoon, C.J. Borden.
Saturday: morning, Amanda Laws; afternoon, Ellsworth and Rubye Stickley.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms