Fire officials blame improperly discarded smoking materials for causing a Friday morning house fire in Warren County that left occupants temporarily without a home.

Fire and rescue teams responded to a house fire reported at approximately 10:10 a.m. at 61 River Lake Drive in the Waterlick area of Warren County. Units arrived to find a blaze on the rear deck of the house that had spread to the vinyl siding and into a roof and attic area, according to information from Chief Richard Mabie, of the Warren County Department of Fire and Rescue Services.

Firefighters quickly put out the blaze and limited the damage to the house, Mabie states in a media release. Emergency responders evaluated a female occupant of the house who suffered minor burns when she tried to put out the fire, Mabie states.

The fire caused an estimated $15,000 in damage to the home and forced out the occupants for an uncertain period of time, according to Mabie.

Fire investigators determined that the accidental discarding of smoke materials caused the fire, Mabie states.

Contact Alex Bridges at abridges@nvdaily.com