WOODSTOCK – Authorities have accused a Shenandoah County man of having sex with a juvenile earlier this year.
A grand jury indicted Austin Christopher Smelcer on June 12 on two counts of carnal knowledge of a child age 13 or 14 without force. The indictments charge Smelcer with committing one count sometime between Jan. 1 and Feb. 3 and the other charge on Feb. 17.
Smelcer, 20, of 68 Greenleaf Road, Strasburg, remains held without bond at Rappahannock-Shenandoah-Warren Regional Jail. He was booked at the jail on Monday.
Judge Kevin Black on Wednesday scheduled Smelcer’s next appearance in Shenandoah County Circuit Court for Aug. 14.
The grand jury also indicted the following people:
• John James McMahon, 56, of 13664 Cullers Lane, Broadway, on one count of felony petty larceny.
• Jasmine Desiree Darden, 23, of 16 Northwood Road, Palmyra, on one count each of check forgery, obtaining money by false pretenses and possession of hydrocodone.
• Debra Sue Jones, 56, of 806 Deer Rapids Road, Strasburg, on one count of felony shoplifting.
• Brian Edward Weidling, 50, of 1156 Front Royal Road, Apt. B, Strasburg, on one count of destruction of property.
• Katherine Anne Wenger, 28, of 1067 Wetzel Road, Woodstock, on two counts of felony shoplifting and one count each of burglary, conspiracy to commit burglary, grand larceny of a motor vehicle and conspiracy to steal a motor vehicle.
• Tabitha Renee McCutcheon, 44, of 1575 Oak Ave., Buena Vista, on one count of possession of methamphetamine.
• Peter Garrett Stearns, 44, of 5968 Main St., Apt. D., Mount Jackson, on one count each of possession of methamphetamine and possession of ammunition by a convicted felon.
Rebecca Ann Cromer, 40, of 73 Bowman Lane, New Market, on one count of possession of stolen goods.
• Robert Lee Alcorn, 37, of 196 Shenandoah St., Mount Jackson, on one count of possession of heroin.
• Shane Quentin Dodson, 37, of 196 Shenandoah St., Mount Jackson, on one count each of possession of methamphetamine and possession of precursors used to make methamphetamine.
• Brian Jeffrey Goldsmith Jr., 28, of 648 Bishop Drive, Virginia Beach, on one count of possession of heroin.
• Israel Gutierrez-Peralta, 43, of 1005 Pennsylvania Ave., Winchester, on one count of possession of heroin.
• Beatrice Mae Shores, also known as Beatrice Mae Sager, 51, of 3224 St. Luke Road, Woodstock, on one count of felony petty larceny.
• Wilmer Reed Barrett III, 25, of 152 Caplinger Drive, Martinsburg, West Virginia, on one count of possession of fentanyl.
• Mack Matthew Tolbert, 34, of 243 Stonewall St., Strasburg, on one count of possession of methamphetamine.
• Krystle Renea Rinker, 31, of no fixed address, on one count each of possession of a schedule I or II controlled substance and felony shoplifting.
• Elaine Louise Eaton, 54, of 5336 Old Valley Pike, Mount Jackson, on one count of obtaining a credit card number from another person without consent.
• Kathleen Faye Gray, 48, of 2374 Pinewoods Road, Quicksburg, on one count of embezzlement.
• Adam Richard Kimball, 41, of no fixed address, on one count of possession of fentanyl, possession of a schedule I or II controlled substance.
• Michael Paul Jenkins, 24, of 125 Blue Branch Road, Mansfield, Tennessee, on three counts of armed robbery.
• Cory Stratton Northrup, 32, of 282 E. King St., Apt. 6, Strasburg, on one count each of possession of methamphetamine, possession of buprenorphine naloxone and possession of alprazolam.
• Barry Zwigli Arey, 66, of 261 Kings Lane, Woodstock, on one count each of driving while intoxicated and reckless driving.
• Charles David Kibler Jr., 34, of 11689 Back Road, Toms Brook, on one count of possession of fentanyl and possession of marijuana.
• Derek Lee Miller, 37, of 270 Alum Springs Road, Basye, on one count each of distribution of methamphetamine, manufacturing a controlled substance and possession of a firearm while distributing a controlled substance
• Kirsten Leigh Sanders, 21, of 130 Elizabeth Lane, Edinburg, on one count of distribution of methamphetamine.
• Jason Bryan Marston, 36, of 163 Alum Springs Road, Basye, on two counts of distribution of methamphetamine and one count of conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine.
• Amanda Leigh Bennett, 35, of 1626 Spring St., Edinburg, on one count of methamphetamine distribution.
• Steven Todd Borror Sr., 47, 437 King St., Apt. B, Basye, on three counts of manufacturing methamphetamine.
• Joseph Thomas Stubbs, 34, of 147 Lambert Drive, Woodstock, on two counts of manufacturing amphetamine and two counts of distribution of methamphetamine.
• Dwight Allen Patton, 53, of 13423 Old Valley Pike, Edinburg, on three counts of manufacturing methamphetamine.
* * *
Correction: An earlier version of this story should have identified Steven Todd Borror Sr. as a defendant indicted by a grand jury June 12.