The following events are planned this weekend:
Selah Theatre Project
Selah Theatre Project in Winchester is hosting two virtual programs, “The Show Must Go Online” and “A Night of Broadway.” Tickets are $5 each. Information: 540-662-4564 or www.selahtheatreproject.org.
Shenandoah Film Collaborative
The Shenandoah Film Collaborative is hosting a French film festival through Jan. 31. Information, tickets: 412-228-0715 or www.strasburgfilm.com
Shenandoah Conservatory will host the following virtual performances:
• Causal Effect – A virtual revival short film: through May 15 by choreographer Tiffanie Carson. Free.
• Pianist Alexander Bernstein performance: through May 15. Tickets range from $12-$30.
• IN Series Orphee et Eurydice: voice students collaborate with D.C.-based opera company, through May 15, free.
Information, tickets: 540-665-4569, www.conservatoryperforms.org.
Exhibits on display
The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley has the following exhibits on display at 901 Amherst St., Winchester:
• Seen and Heard: through Jan. 31. Features 30 works by Northern Shenandoah Valley artists.
• Rock, Paper, Scissors: through June 20. Features contemporary textiles and mixed-media works created by artists from New Image, an all-female group of artists from Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C.
• Vital Force: through Sept. 26. Features a collection of 20th and 21st century art by artists from the Shenandoah Valley area. The exhibit represents 19 artists displaying 39 objects, including paintings, carvings and mixed-media works by artists David Mode Payne, Grandma Moses, Anne Christine Fletcher, and Valley artist John Heatwole.
• The Trails is open for walking, running and biking year round for free.
Admission to view exhibits is $15 for adults, $10 for seniors, $10 for ages 13-18 and free for ages 12-under. Information: 888-556-5799 or visit www.themsv.org.
The Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum in Winchester offers many online programs for youth.
• Zoom field trips run from 2-2:30 each Wednesday. Reservations required.
• Preschool-kindergarten programs on dinosaurs and music.
• Kindergarten-fourth grade programs on investigating insects and water quality.
• Prerecorded video packages on STEAM engineering, powerful pollinators, discover geography, astronomy and zoomania.
Information, registration: 540-722-2020, www.discoverymuseum.net.