The following are some of the area events that will be held this weekend:
Shenandoah ConservatoryShenandoah Conservatory in Winchester has announced the following performances will be held this weekend:
• “Something Wicked This Way Comes…” will be performed at 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday at 2:30 p.m. Sunday in Ohrstrom-Bryant Theatre, 1460 University Drive. Tickets range from $12 to $23.
• The Jazz Ensemble will perform at 7:30 p.m. today in Armstrong Concert Hall, 702 University Drive. Tickets are $12.
• The Symphony Orchestra will join Conservatory vocal students for a night of opera at 7:30 p.m. Saturday in Armstrong Concert Hall. Tickets are $15.
Highland GamesKernstown Battlefield Association and Clan Adrenalin will host its annual “backyard” Highland Games competition starting at 9 a.m. Saturday at 610 Battle Park Drive, Winchester. Bagpipers will play throughout the day. Refreshments sold. Donations will be accepted to benefit prostate cancer research. Those attending are encouraged to bring lawn chairs. Information: 757-593-8227 or visit www.kernstownbattle.org.
Tails and AlesThe Humane Society of Warren County will hold its annual Tails and Ales cash party and silent auction Saturday at the Front Royal Moose Lodge. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., dinner starts at 6 p.m. Tickets, which are $35, include dinner, drinks, a collectible pint glass and a chance to win cash and prizes. The grand prize is $1,000. Tickets may be purchased at 1245 Progress Drive, Front Royal or by calling 540-635-4734 ext. 221.
Gourd show/saleThe Virginia Lovers’ Gourd Society will host a show and sale from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, 901 Amherst St., Winchester. Free admission.
Winchester Little Theatre
Winchester Little Theatre will present the comedy-thriller “Theft” at 8 p.m. today and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at 315 W. Boscawen St. Future performances will be held Nov. 20-23. Tickets range from $15.99 to $19.99.
Information: 540-662-3331 or Valerie O’Keefe at 540-336-2357 or www.wltonline.org.
Rouss CenterRouss Center for the Performing Arts will present “The Middle of Yesterday” at 7 p.m. today and Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday at 9357 N. Congress St., New Market.
Future performances will be held Nov. 22-24. Tickets are $15 for adults, $13 for students and seniors and $10 for veterans. Discounts available to convalescent and retirement homes. Information, tickets: 888-341-7313, 540-705-0313, Jon Conard at 540-246-5047 and online at www.rousscenter.org. Tickets also sold at the door.
‘Frozen Jr.’St. John’s Drama Club will present “Frozen Jr.” at 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday at Skyline High School Theatre, 151 Skyline Vista Drive, Front Royal.
Tickets are $10 for adults, $7 for students and seniors and $5 for ages 3-12. Tickets for families is a maximum of $35 (parents and minor children only). Information: www.stjohnsdrama.org.
Magic Lantern TheaterMagic Lantern Theater will show the following films this weekend:
• The classic film “Singin’ in the Rain” will be shown at 2 p.m. Saturday at Handley Library in Winchester. Admission is free.
• The film “Free Solo,” about rock climber Alex Honnold as he prepares for and then assaults the 3,000-foot El Capitan peak in Yosemite National Park, without a rope, will be shown at 4 p.m. Sunday at Barns of Rose Hill in Berryville. Tickets are $8 or $5 for MSV and BRH members.
Information: 540-678-0963 or visit www.magiclanterntheater.org.