The following events are planned this weekend:
A wine pull to benefit the Phoenix Project will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. today at the Front Royal Golf Club, 902 Country Club Road.
Entertainment by Mandatory Fun. Tickets are $45. Information: 540-635-2302 or https://tinyurl.com/2j7pv94c.
Fighting with David, a fundraiser to help with medical bills for Dave Woodson, of Strasburg, who was paralyzed in a car accident last year, will be held from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday at Box Office Brewery in Strasburg. There will be live music, a silent auction and gun raffle. T-shirts will be available for sale.
Tails and Ales
The Humane Society of Warren County will hold its annual Tails and Ales fundraising event starting at 5:30 p.m. Saturday at the Front Royal Moose Lodge.
Tickets are $40, which includes dinner, beer and wine, an event souvenir and a chance at the $1,000 grand prize. There will also be a silent auction, pull tabs, 50/50 raffle, door prizes and two new games this year to celebrate the Society’s 10th anniversary.
Tickets can be purchased at 1245 Progress Drive, Front Royal, or online at https://tinyurl.com/b23bcmaw.
A Curing for Cars car show will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday on Holliday Street in Strasburg. Members of the Jeep Club will be driving through downtown at 3 p.m. Information: 404-435-9013.
Sky Meadows State Park in Delaplane will host Fall Farm Days: Rest and Rejuvenation Weekend from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
There will also be tours of Mount Bleak House, a children’s play area and live music. Try your hand at geocaching and explore camping tips and tricks, learn about fishing in Virginia State Parks and there will be a Fishing is Fun activity.
More Fall Farm Days fun will be held Oct. 23 and 24. Admission is free, although parking ranges from $3 to $5. Information: 540-592-3556.
Movie on Main
The Town of Stephens City Parks & Recreation Committee will host a showing of the movie “Hocus Pocus” at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Newtown Commons. In case of bad weather, the movie will be shown Oct. 23.
Battle of Cedar Creek
Several activities are planned this weekend to commemorate the anniversary of the Battle of Cedar Creek.
• The Cedar Creek Battlefield Foundation will host a reenactment event on the original fields today through Sunday at 8437 Valley Pike, Middletown. Information: 540-869-2064 or visit https://www.ccbf.us/.
• The Battle of Church Street foraging event returns at 5:30 p.m. Friday at St. Thomas Chapel in Middletown to benefit CCAP of Winchester. Participating homes on Church Street that want to donate canned goods will be adorned with yellow ribbons. Don't live on Church Street and still want to participate, just bring your canned goods to the Middletown town office at 5:15 p.m. and get a good seat before the reenactment starts.
• Luminaries, 964 in total, will be lit at dusk on Saturday for every soldier who died in the Battle.
• Belle Grove Plantation south of Middletown will commemorate the anniversary of the Battle of Cedar Creek Saturday and Sunday. There will be self-guided tours of the Manor House and living history presenters throughout the property, including an ordnance and flag display hosted by the Civil War Dance Foundation. Admission is $15 for adults, $7 for ages 7 to 15 and free for children 6 and younger. Admission for active military, veteran, senior and students, with identification, is $7.
Barns of Rose Hill
Barns of Rose Hill will host two concerts this weekend:
• A benefit concert will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday at 95 Chalmers Court, Berryville. The Caleb Nei Quartet will perform. There will also be an auction, which includes an overnight stay at L’Auberge Provencale and one of Geneva Jackson’s famous cakes. The online auction runs through Friday. The link is https://tinyurl.com/yhrytasn. Tickets, which are $50 per person, can be ordered online at https://tinyurl.com/hav4362.
• The Beau Soir Ensemble, a flute, viola and harp trio based in Washington, D.C., will perform from 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door and free for ages 12 and younger.
Information: 540-955-2004 or www.barnsofrosehill.org.
Paws in the Park
The Town of Strasburg and Strasburg High School FCCLA Club will host a Paws in the Park Halloweenie party from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at Strasburg Square.
There will be a puppy kissing booth and pug-kin spiced latte, pumpkin painting, raffle baskets and puppy costume parade at 1 p.m., local pet-friendly vendors with adoptable pups, live music and food will be sold. Pups may enter the costume parade for a small donation. Free admission. Proceeds benefit the Humane Society of Shenandoah County. Information: Olivia Hilton at 540-465-9197.
Check out more than 200 "vintage hip" vendors at the Lucketts Market at the Clarke County Ruritan Fairgrounds, 890 W. Main St., Berryville. There also will be a beer garden, food trucks, live music and kid-friendly fun. Hours: noon to 5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. General admission is $15 per person. Free for ages 12 and under. For more information, visit luckettstore.com.
Richard's Apple Festival & Farm Party, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, at Richard's Fruit Market, 6410 Middle Road, Middletown. Lots of apples, farm food, beer and wine garden, and lawn games. There's a petting zoo and barrel train for kids. Free admission
Jousting, mead, and all sorts of Medieval fun will take place at the Ravenwood Faire this weekend (3-10 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday), Frederick County Fairgrounds, 155 Fairground Road, Clear Brook. Tickets: $20 for adults (16+), $15 for kids (6 and under free). Visit https://ravenwoodfaire.us/.
Blessing of the Vines
Blessing of the Vines at James Charles Winery, 2-5 p.m. Saturday, 4063 Middle Road, Winchester. The Rev. Bjorn Lundberg from Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church will bless the vineyard to ensure a bountiful harvest. Blessing starts at 2 p.m. Afterward, the tasting room will be open. On the lawn, weather permitting, the Knights of Columbus will sell grilled brats, pretzels and other foods. Proceeds will benefit the Stanley Krempa Soup Kitchen. The women's group will offer baked goods. The event is open to the public and free to attend, but RSVP your attendance to https://jamescharleswine.xudle.com/res-467757/3rd-Annual-Blessing-Of-The-Vines-Celebration.html.